Islam is my pride, Islam is my life

Forever Islam

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A lesson of modesty: for you to have eternal bliss


A beautiful diamond that a princess
dropped one day laid lost in a meadow.
Just above it shone a drop of dew,
hanging from a shoot of grass.

The sun made them both shine, and the
modest dewdrop admired the noble stone.
A large beetle that was passing by
recognized in the diamond someone of
high origin.

"Sir, I give you homage," the beetle
said.

"Thank you," the diamond responded
haughtily.

Turning its head, the beetle saw the
drop of dew. "One of your relatives I
presume?" the beetle said, nodding
towards the diamond.

The diamond burst out laughing. "How
can you place me on the same level as
this vulgar being? Its beauty is only
imitation. It shines but it doesn't
last."

The beetle was flabbergasted, and the
drop of dew felt completely humiliated.
Then a bird flew down and pecked at the
diamond.

"Ah no," the bird said, disappointed,
"I thought you were a drop of water,
but you are only a diamond. My beak is
dry, I feel like I'm going to die of
thirst."

"Oh well, what's one bird more or
less," the diamond laughed again.

But at the same time the dewdrop
resolved to help the bird. "Can I be of
use to you?" it said.

The bird raised its head. "Oh
precious friend, you have saved my
life!"

"Come then," said the dewdrop. And
the bird drank it up and flew away,
revived.

"Here is a lesson I won't soon
forget," thought the beetle, continuing
on its way. "Simple merit is worth more
than rank or wealth that has no modesty
or devotion. There can be no real
beauty in that."

Ya no real beauty: only those who follow the instructions of Allah have beautiful spirits....
Acquire modesty...and soon God will level you up...

No comments:

Post a Comment